an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 5 December 2010

Batley Open Exhibition, Jewelled Serpent

This is a piece of work I've had accepted into the Batley Open Exhibition. Titled 'Jewelled Serpent', it comes from a series I made a couple of years ago, under the overall title '13Moons'.
This piece is made with pencils and gel-pens, and uses rock art as the starting point. For good measure, once I realised there would be a serpent involved, I included a real snakeskin tucked in the little box below the main image.
I alsways tell people, the snakeskin is 'shed, not dead'! Just in case people think otherwise! It came from a friend of mine who kept snakes. When one shed, I asked for the skin, and saved it; waiting for the art work that it would fit.
Sometimes my house and studio is just full of this 'stuff', awaiting re-incarnation in an art work!


1 comment:

  1. When I collected this from Batley Art Gallery, I was informed that the children visiting the ehibition had loved my painting. The girls had loved the colours; the boys had loved the snakeskin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...