an artists' view

an artists' view

Wednesday 8 June 2016

January Moon 2016

This is part of what I'm working on for this year. I'm making a fabric collage for each month; later on this year, I'll be exhibiting them as part of Wakefield ArtWalk.
I'm using a mix of fabrics; but trying to use a lot of the fabric/s I've dyed using plants.
Each piece will have this circle; the same size; for the full moon. I've almost completed the March Moon; just a few final touches.

I got a lovely pile of fabric sample books the other week. They were in a skip, about to be thrown away, so I did a bit of skip-dipping, and brought some home. Amongst them, was a book of silks.......now you might know that I try not to use purchased silk. I shop around for second hand silks; clothes; remnants etc. So this sample book is an absolute treasure. 
A deep pile of silk, in different colours, even though they're quite small in diameter. Some of these will find their way into this current series. And the couple of pieces that are white/cream, have been popped into the pomegranate dye-pot.   

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, what a lovely idea, can't wait to see all twelve together.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saskia. Am still quite a way off though. Just keeping on with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...