an artists' view

an artists' view

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Batley Open Exhibition; 'WoodBook'

This is a photograph of the second piece of work I currently have hanging in the Open exhibition at Batley Art Gallery. It's a print created from a relief I made using hand-made paper, maps, string, embroidery silks, a piece of amber, and found objects including bones, wood, and fishing net/twine.
The found objects came from a holiday we took a few years ago; travelling around the western, northern, and eastern coasts of Scotland. We had some wonderful adventures; one in particular was a hot (yes! HOT!) day when we went swimming in the sea, in a lovely bay on the western coast. Memories are made of this!
I'm in the process of putting the four relief 'pages' into a book form. I've got a piece of board that I'll mount it on, and some wire, which will attach it to the board. I want it to open up like a book; the slices of the relief, create the pages of the book. This is engineering and construction!

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by your post and description of your piece... wish I could see a detail of the piece. Congrats on having a piece in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks very much Nanci.
    i'll try and put a close-up of the pages/slices. glad you like it.
    i'll have a look at your blog
    cheers
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...