an artists' view

an artists' view

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Happy Birthday!

I've been writing the blog for 1 year now; and I thought I'd have a problem finding enough to write about!

Yesterday I went out and got a new blade for the surform I've been using to rasp the beechwood I started last summer at YSP. I should be able to work much faster on that, now. I also bought a set of 3 rasps; one which is curved. That means I can get into the curved indents of the carving. Sat and did some smoothing of the wood, using the carved rasp. It's made quite a difference! Hurray.

I completed the felt piece I was making on the textile course. It's a 'purse'; and boy, has it shrunk! Someone asked me, 'Did it start out as a bag?' Luckily I know my limits, so I haven't had to adapt a bag into a purse, due to excessive shrinking!
Waiting for it to dry; then I'll start to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...