an artists' view

an artists' view

Friday 11 March 2011

snowdrops


Snowdrops!
The land is covered with white patches that isn't snow but snowdrops! Thick patches everywhere. Lovely.

I'm still working on the textiles course; doing some felt-making now. And have got the sewing machine workshop to look forward to in a few days time.

We visited Whitby on Wednesday to celebrate Jon's birthday. It was very cold; a biting wind. We had a lovely visit to the Museum; and I found a whole case full of spindle-whorles, from Neolithic times. Jon found me a lovely old 1970's book on Spinning and Dyeing using natural ingredients! Just what I've been needing! It will keep me quiet for many hours to come; and this summer I shall be seeing what I can use from the garden, and fields nearby, to use for dyeing. Sometimes things just come to you at exactly the right moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...