The textiles course is back on with dye-ing again. Small samples, mostly. We hear that next year there will be opportunities to dye larger pieces of fabric.
This is using a magenta, and blue procion dye. I folded it to create a kind of tartan pattern.
I used the blue, watered down, to dye a second piece; on which I've been experimenting with flour paste resist. That has been overdyed with the same magenta as I've used here. I'm onto the third overdye-ing, and second flour paste resist, on that fabric.
I'm using abstract expressionism as my starting point for that piece.
I've noticed that I'm limiting my colour palette again this time around. As I did with the felting work. Interesting, that.