an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 16 February 2014

the mother-of-all-dye

Silk dyed with cow-parsley flowers, from last summer. A delicate yellow. Hard to remember the beautiful hot summer we had in 2013, when we're having such a wet, dreary winter.
I've printed onto it, using the collography plate I've made; I'm using it on a lot of the 'samples' I'm stitching currently. The darker area, has come from some bleeding through from a fabric I dyed with procian dye. I like the random-ness of it. It's just sitting there, waiting for the next idea. It's unknown; a mystery.
Dug out from the pile of detritus behind the compost bins.....a lovely post finial; at least I think that's what it is? I've nowt to attach it to, so it's sitting beside the door to my studio, looking pretty. It's ceramic, and a wee bit chipped at the top, but still looks nice.

2 comments:

  1. the post is so cool: the yellow dyed fabric with the black print is really cool as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saskia. I love the effect of dyeing on silk with cow-parsley. Very delicate shades.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...