an artists' view

an artists' view

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rob's tie-dye



My brother asked me to do a tie-dye design on one of his tee-shirts. This was the result; he said he'd be wearing it on his Northern Soul nights! 
The lines turned out to be much more delicate than I expected This was using the Dylon dyes; we're currently using Procion dyes on the textile course, which just started back on Tuesday for the summer term. Procion dyes are more vivid than this. I've wrapped a few bundles and dyed them blue/turquoise. I have an idea to use some resist dye-ing; so will hopefully use one of the fabric samples I dyed on Tuesday to experiment with that.
Get me some practice in for when the plants re-emerge and I can do more plant dye-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...