an artists' view

an artists' view

Monday 3 September 2012

'Birch Bark Rolls' from Starr Carr

In the museum at Whitby are these rolls of birch bark, that come from Star Carr. How I'd love to know what is inside them; what they were used for!

My friend Jackie has finally re-homed the 3 ducklings that hatched from her Mrs Duck; and the 6 kittens she caught have all gone to homes...it's been a busy summer for her! I've tried to offer some help, though she's done most of the work.
I've insulated the studio ceiling and have to get the floor sorted now. Then I can move the furniture in, and begin work again. I keep going in there, at different times of the day, to see how the light is, how comfortable it feels. I think it will suit me beautifully.

More fabric pieces have gone through my alchemical kitchen! And I'm awaiting the tea-bag dye-ing results.
And I start a City & Guilds Creative Textile course in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to that. And on Saturday is a Heritage Open Day at Westgate Chapel, which I've volunteered to help with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...