an artists' view

an artists' view

Sunday 10 March 2013

the front of the back.....

This is the 'front' of the sample piece I've done for one part of my City & Guilds textiles course.
The 'back' is an earlier post in the blog; titled 'reverse'.
It's all hand stitching; bondaweb (painted); layers of fabric.
We're doing felting at the moment on the course. I'm trying to make some flat felt pieces that I can then use to print on, and embellish.
Lynne, who's on the course with me, has said she has some pieces of silk that she'll pass onto me. I decided I could use second-hand silk, or silk that was given to me. 
I've been stitching on the fabric collagraphy print. It looks a bit 'busy'; and I'm not completely satisfied with it. But it's all experimental at this point, so that's part of the process.
Tomorrow I'm into the studio, and gonna varnish the second collagraphy plate I've made with nylon rope strands, and a bit of lace. Cutting back; linear; simplifying; contours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...