an artists' view

an artists' view

Saturday 30 March 2013

sycamore leaf dye-pot

I've spent a productive few hours in the studio today. Put this piece of silk (yes, silk!) into a dye-pot of sycamore leaves.
The silk came from Lynn, who's on the same textiles course as me. So as it's second-hand, it's ok for me to use. Feels ethical. It's a salmon pink colour....not a colour I'd choose, but it will be interesting to see how that changes with the dye bath. Hopefully it will mute it; make it more sludgy. This may be the only time I want a dye to make the fabric go 'sludgy'!
I also began planning what I want to do when the textiles course starts again in 2 weeks time. We have to create 6 sample pieces, all A3 size. So I'm trying to think about how I might use the techniques we cover each week; and use the class to make pieces reflecting my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...